There isn't a whole lot to say about this one. Porous defense and a lack of offensive cohesion led to the Heat's worst home loss of the young season. I still feel as though I am in the minority because I'm not worrying....yet. I figured that there would be growing pains and that combined with the injury bug landing in South Beach has led to this 8-6 start. If they are still playing like this when the calendar flips to 2011, that's when I'll join the panic ridden Heat fans.
The signing of Erik Dampier seems all but done...again. Though we've been down this road before, something tells me that this time it's gonna happen. He is in South Florida and is going to take his physical tomorrow, after which the Heat will make it official. Now they just have to figure out who to drop. Magloire? Pittman?
Can't think of anyone else on the bubble, unless Joel Anthony has gotten so deep into Erik Spoelstra's doghouse that his roster spot is in danger. Keep in mind that the Heat signed Joel to a 4-year deal this summer while Magloire is an unrestricted free agent after the season. Pittman is set to make $470k this year and $790k next.
All this comes on the heels of Udonis Haslem having to undergo surgery on his injured left foot. It's still not known exactly how long he'll be out, but it will be a few months. The surgery will be preformed on Tuesday, repairing the torn ligament in his left foot. After watching the play that the injury took place, during Saturday's loss in Memphis, it just looks like a freak thing. He didn't seem to be stepped on, just came down in the wrong way on his foot.
- Awful night of shooting for D-Wade who made just 1-of-13 from the field. We'll see what kind of bounce back game he can have on Wednesday against Orlando.
- 22 turnovers. Ugh.
- Juwan Howard filled in for Udonis Haslem, sort of. He played 16 minutes and grabbed 4 rebounds without taking a shot.
- Lost in the mix was a pretty solid game from Chris Bosh. 21 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal.
- Carlos Arroyo also shot the ball well, making 5-of-6. Defense left something to be desired though. Same can be said of Bosh.
- Four reserves played for the Heat. Eddie House: 23 min. James Jones: 21 min. Juwan Howard: 16 min. Jamaal Magloire: 15 minutes. Magloire was the only one to score, finishing with 4 points.
Alright, enough of that. We'll see what tomorrow brings, and then hopefully a nice, feel better game on Wednesday against the Magic.