I guess the Heat didn't get the memo about looking past tonight's game against visiting Detroit. It was pretty much Heat domination from start to finish, in a game where Miami didn't have to use their primary players as much. LeBron played 31 minutes, Chris Bosh played 27 and D-Wade just 18, so they will all be nice and fresh for tomorrow's game in Cleveland.
Dwyane Wade was limited due to foul trouble and didn't record his first field goal until the first minute of the 3rd quarter. He still managed to finish with 16 points on 7-of-9 shooting, with half his points coming during a 3:45 span in the 4th quarter. By then the Pistons had let up a bit, which will happen after a 9-point 3rd quarter. That's a low point total for any Heat opponent this season.
- The Heat bench scored 35 points, which should happen when they get expanded minutes.
- Juwan Howard scored a season-high 12 points on 6-of-9 shooting. He also grabbed 4 rebounds in 18 minutes.
- James Jones hit 3 triples and finished with a season-high 7 rebounds. That's the most rebounds he's had in a Heat uniform.
- This was the Heat's 6th win in their last 7 games against Detroit.
- Miami is now 7-1 when holding an opponent under 90 points.
Now it's time to get ready for the one everyone is looking forward to seeing. Miami at Cleveland, the return of LeBron James....tomorrow at 8.