The Miami Heat could be playing their best basketball of the season right now. Granted, their 3-game winning streak has come against three sub .500 teams, but the games haven't exactly been close either. The Heat has won their last 3 games by an average of 21.3 points. They seem to be gaining steam and playing better team basketball then we've seen all season.
That will be tested tonight against a pretty good Atlanta Hawks team who is currently one game ahead of Miami in the standings. While the Hawks have won 5 straight games, they come into this game without the best and highest paid player. Joe Johnson went down earlier this week with an elbow injury and is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
I'll be honest with you...over the last few years I've really grown to dislike the Hawks. Obviously that peaked during our 7-game 1st round loss to them a couple seasons ago, but I'd like for the rivalry to continue this season. I love the inter-division hostility and hopefully we'll see a bit more of that tonight at the AAA.
- The Heat are just 1-6 against teams with winning records.
- They are 9-1 at home when leading at halftime.
- Also, Miami has won 3 straight games against Atlanta and four of the last five at the AAA.
- James Jones, after hitting 37 triples last season, now has 44 after 20 games this year.
- Mike Miller and Udonis are out for the Heat. Joe Johnson is out for Atlanta.
Tipoff from the AAA is set for 7:30. If you want to go to the game but don't have tickets, don't forget about Peninsula Is Mightier's new partnership with TiqIQ that not only helps you get tickets right here on PIM but they also search through several ticket selling websites and finds you the best deals out there. Click here to see what's available.