LeBron James reacts to the news that Chris Bosh was returning to the lineup.
It's been a very rough season for the Cleveland Cavaliers and for at least one more night it's going to stay that way. They make their final visit of the season to Miami tonight, fresh off their 20th consecutive loss in Orlando on Sunday. The hype that surrounded the LeBron-Cleveland matchup earlier this year has faded significantly, due mostly to how poorly the Cavs have played.
Miami comes into this game feeling pretty good. They picked up what could be considered their toughest road win so far this season yesterday in Oklahoma City, having a full roster (minus Udonis) for the first time since January 12th. Chris Bosh showed no ill effects playing on the left ankle he sprained in Chicago, playing 36 minutes and making 8 of his 13 shots.
It seems the Cavs franchise has come full circle; they were consistently at the bottom of the league during most of the 80's and then again in the late 90's but became one of the NBA's best after drafting LeBron James. After winning a league best 61 games last season, they are now marred in worst losing streak the franchise has ever seen.
- Dwyane Wade is averaging 31.5 points in his last 4 games.
- The Heat has won 11 of their last 13 games at the AAA.
- Cavs forward Antawn Jamison is averaging 22.3 points and 7.9 rebounds in the month of January.
- LeBron James has recorded a double double in 4 of his last 5 games, averaging 31.6 points, 8.8 boards and 8.0 assists.
- The Cavs bench averages 38.5 points per game, 6th best in the league.
- Joel Anthony is coming off one of his best games of the season, blocking 5 shots and totally shutting down Serge Ibaka.
- Only Udonis Haslem (foot) on the injured list for the Heat.
- As for Cleveland, Anderson Varejao (ankle), Leon Powe (knee) and Mo Williams (hip) are out
Tipoff from the AAA is set for 7:30. If you want to go to the game but don't have tickets, don't forget about Peninsula Is Mightier's partnership with TiqIQ that not only helps you get tickets right here on PIM but they also search through several ticket selling websites and finds you the best deals out there. Click here to see what's available.