Here are some observations from last nights Miami Heat Red & Black scrimmage held at the American Airlines Arena. In case you missed it....the Heat won.
- Joel Anthony in the first 2 minutes had a foul, a missed FG and 2 blocks.
- Dexter Pittman had flashes of good play, but still has plenty of work to do. Much improved footwork from last season though.
- Norris Cole is great dribbling the ball. Very fast. Also a strong defender. Confident shooter. Mature 23 year old. Good nose for rebounding.
- Udonis Haslem was back playing his usual game. Hard work down low, rebounding, defense, blocking shots. Game-high 23 points.
- Impressed with the team D as a whole. Everyone looks very comfortable, very few mistakes. Good positioning.
- LeBron James' offseason work with Hakeem Olajuwon seems to have paid off. He worked in a post a lot and looked good doing it.
- Juwan Howard had a lot of energy, spring in his step. Amazing how he keeps playing at such a consistent level. Udonis Haslem said that Juwan has found the "fountain of youth".
- Shane Battier did not play but already seems to be a fan favorite. "We want Shane" chants rained down from the seats.
- DNP: Battier (quad), Miller (hernia), House (knee), Curry (hip)
Next up...Preseason game #1 on Sunday night against Orlando.