Look, this is not the seventy game winning super team that we envisioned- at this time. Major holes exist on the Miami Heat. The Dallas Mavericks exposed them. Am I saying that this team can't win 60 games next year? No, they have a great shot at getting back to the finals. But first, how the Heat lost the overall series- and game 6 (omit #1).
- Game 2- I think it all comes back to the fifteen point choke in game 2 of the Finals. If we win, then we go up 2-0 and possibly (in this scenario we would have) 3-0. Dallas isn't digging out of that. Heat have all of the momentum. Game over right there.
- Anti-clutchness- In game 6 there were an absurd amount of extra passes. On one play, we passed up FIVE, count 'em, FIVE open shots and turned it over. There was no poise! No one seemed to want to be that guy.
- Rebounding- Dallas got whatever they wanted on the boards. Tyson Chandler was beating us up on the glass. Tyson. Chandler. Not Dirk. Chandler. We need a center, bad. The Mavs consistently had 2+ shots per possesion.
- The Big 3 definitely tended to disappear at moments in the game, not the reason we lost though.
- Free throws. My God the free throws. If the heat shoot 73%(imo a decent percentage) then the game goes down to the wire.
So, all we can hope for in the offseason is to get a good center, does not have to be a scorer, who can rebound the ball, and for LeBron to get his head on straight.
Disappointing showing by the Heat here tonight, and all we can do is wait until next season, and hope for a championship. Can't wait for next year, and Go Heat.