Kobe vs. LeBron. Bring it.
The Miami Heat are fresh off of their impressive second half surge victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday and now will have to face another tough challenge at the AAA tonight. Kobe Bryant and his Los Angeles Lakers are in town for a matchup that is always very hyped up and usually lives up to the task. This game should be no different with Bryant and LeBron the top two scorers in the NBA so far this season.
With the main focus heading into this game being on LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, it's likely that they will end up taking center stage throughout the game. Both have had some success against the others' team, though not as much as they do generally. LeBron comes in averaging 27.3 points per game against Los Angeles throughout his career, while Kobe has averaged 24.6 points per game against the Heat.
LeBron and Chris Bosh each scored at least 30 points in Miami's last game, Tuesday against the Spurs. It was the first time this season that the Heat had two players score at least 30 points. Another strong effort from Bosh will certainly go a long way towards a Miami Heat victory against the Lakers. The Heat will also have their hands full trying to contain Andrew Bynum, who has emerged as one of the elite big men in the game.
There are talks of Erik Spoelstra activating big man Eddy Curry for the first time this season to help out with the task of dealing with Bynum. Curry has not played in the NBA since December of 2009, but has dropped over 100lbs since joining the Heat and after battling a hip flexor injury since the beginning of training camp, it seems that he is ready to finally put on his Miami Heat jersey.
- Los Angeles comes in 1-4 on the road. The Heat are 4-1 at home.
- This is the first of two meetings between the Heat and Lakers this season.
- Miami has won three straight against the Lakers, as well as the last three played at the AAA.
- LeBron James has led the Heat in scoring in 10 of his 12 games this season.
- Dwyane Wade (ankle) is probably out for the Heat. Eddy Curry (hip) is questionable and Dexter Pittman (flu) is probable.
- For the Lakers, Derrick Caracter (knee) and Steve Blake (rib) are out. Josh McRoberts (toe) is probable.
Tipoff from the AAA is set for 8pm. The game will be broadcast nationally on TNT.