The Miami Heat will look to continue their hot start to the season tonight when they welcome the Atlanta Hawks to the AAA. The Hawks have gotten their year off to a solid start as well with 3 wins in 4 games, but they haven't played any of the ‘marquee' teams in the league yet. They began the season with wins over New Jersey (twice) and Washington before dropping their last game in Houston. Now a real test begins for Atlanta as they head into back-to-back road games in Miami and Chicago.
This is the first of four games this season between the Heat and the Hawks, with the second game coming up on Thursday in Atlanta. Last season Miami won 3 of the 4 meetings against the Hawks, though Atlanta got their only win on the road at the AAA. There are several new faces on the Hawks roster this season, with additions Tracy McGrady, Vladimir Radmanovic and Willy Green all logging significant minutes.
One guy to keep an eye on tonight is Heat forward Chris Bosh. After a rough game on Opening Day in Dallas, he has been consistently great in every game since. He has picked up 2 double doubles in the 4 games since Christmas, averaging 21.8 points on 63.0% shooting to go with 9.0 rebounds. Along with his recent success, Bosh also had some very good games against Atlanta last season. He averaged 19.7 points and 9.7 rebounds in three games against the Hawks last year.
- No Heat player logged more than 30 minutes in their win over Charlotte last night.
- Atlanta is 1-1 on the road while Miami is 2-0 at home.
- The Heat has won 6 of the last 7 games against the Hawks.
- LeBron James averaged 33.0 points in the four games against Atlanta last season, his highest average against any Eastern Conference opponent.
- This is the second of 18 back-to-back sets for Miami this season, beating Boston and Charlotte in the first.
- This is also the first of 7 back-to-back home game sets for the Heat.
- Miami will once again be without Mike Miller (hernia) and Eddy Curry (hip).
- For the Hawks, Kirk Hinrich (shoulder) is out.
Tipoff from the AAA will be at 7:30 tonight. Game Thread will be up at 6:30. Let's Go Heat!!