MIAMI, FL - JANUARY 21: Chris Bosh dunks during a game against the Philadelphia 76ers at American Airlines Arena. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
The Miami Heat remained perfect this season without Dwyane Wade in the lineup, beating the 1st place Philadelphia 76ers 113-92 on Saturday night. Miami has now beaten Philly 7 straight times at the AAA. The Heat are now 6-0 without D-Wade, who can just sit back and enjoy the show while healing up from various injuries. The other members of the Big 3 have been picking up the slack with Wade sidelined, and last night was no exception.
LeBron James continued his strong play of late, putting up 28 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals and 3 blocks. Even with the very strong all-around game, it was the first time that he failed to score at least 30 points with D-Wade out of the lineup. Still, James knows when to take a game over, and when to get his teammates involved, something he takes as much pride in as he does putting up points.
Also contributing in a big way was Chris Bosh. Unlike LeBron, Bosh was able to crack that 30-point plateau, adding 7 rebounds, 5 assists and a pair of blocked shots. He really came alive early in the 4th quarter, scoring 8 of the Heat's first 11 points to give them a 19-point lead. Bosh also reached a significant career total, as with his 12th point of the game he had totaled 12,000 points in his NBA career.
Joel Anthony had one of his most productive games of the season. He had season-high's in points, with 9, rebounds, also with 9, and shot attempts, also...yup, 9. More season bests came with his 3 blocked shots and his 3 made free throws. Anthony has now hit 3 field goals in three consecutive games, something he hadn't done before in his entire career.
- Miami has now won 8 straight games against the Sixers.
- Chris Bosh has now cracked the 30-point mark three times this season.
- The Heat are now 7-0 this season when Bosh scores at least 20 points.
- Miami won the rebounding battle 52-31, one of their widest margins of the year.
- Andre Iguodala was held to a season-low 4 points.
- Philly's D is one of the best in the league, giving up only 86.7 points per game, but they gave up 113 to the Heat.
- Another game, another double-digit rebounding game for Udonis Haslem. He now has 9 on the season.
- Mario Chalmers dished out 8 assists, tying his season-high.
The Heat will get right back to work tomorrow when they wrap up this back-to-back set with a game against the visiting Milwaukee Bucks. Tipoff from the AAA will be at 6pm.