Not only will the 2012-13 Miami Heat team officially debut tomorrow versus the Boston Celtics to open the NBA regular season, the AmericanAirlines Arena itself will show off some new modifications as well as hosting the raising of the 2011-12 NBA Championship banner and ring ceremony.
Fans planning on attending the opening home game should take note that doors at the AA Arena will open at 6:00 PM so you'll have an entire hour to get to your seat once everything starts at 7:00 PM. Yes, plenty of those in the upper bowl get there on time (notice I didn't mention the lower bowl people) but this is really is one time everyone simply can't afford to be late to this Heat game, so beat the traffic and get to downtown early.
Moving on, the Heat will also be debuting their 2012-13 Player Introduction Sequence and fans will also get hooked up with a commemorative 72-page special edition copy of the Tipoff game day program. Also making its debut at the AmericanAirlines Arena is the Jostens Championship Ring Merchandise Collection that fans can literally get their hands on right after the ring ceremony.
Good luck charm and fan favorite 11-year old Julia Dale will sing the National Anthem before tipoff and the Heat will also be tribute to their 25th anniversary by airing a vignette in-game as well as on Heat.com and on the radio broadcast.
The AmericanAirlines Arena itself has implemented a number of improvements and upgrades to enhance the in-arena experience for all guests, including:
- The formal unveiling of Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena, an exclusive nightclub and restaurant which takes the VIP experience to a whole new level.
- Upgrades to the Dewar's Clubhouse including a more modern, sophisticated look, new seating, tables, chairs and a new bar on the South end.
- Levy Restaurants, the official food and beverage provider of the AmericanAirlines Arena, has added new kitchens to the Flagship lounges and has provided a major equipment overhaul to the main kitchen. HEAT fans won't necessarily "see" these upgrades, but they'll certainly taste the difference.
- New and delicious signature items will debut in the concession stands.
- The addition of two Rosa Mexicano carts on the 100 Level.
- A mixology cart has been added to the Dewar's Suite Level featuring unique and freshly-made cocktails.
- Two full size bars have been added to the 400 Level-one on each side.
- The gluten free cart has added vegetarian and vegan menu options.
- "1,000 Detail Training" - improved hiring and training processes have been implemented to provide even better guest service.