ORLANDO, FL - FEBRUARY 24: Norris Cole #30 of the Miami Heat and Team Shaq drives for a shot attempt during the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge part of the 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend at Amway Center on February 24, 2012 in Orlando, Florida. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
The Rising Stars Challenge, headlined by Team Shaq and Team Chuck, lived up to the hype. It was a non stop barrage of showtime passes, and high flying dunks, tallying 98 total fast break points; the 3rd most in Rookie/Sophmore game history.
Miami's rookie stud Norris Cole got off to a fast start for Team Shaq, racking up 9 points, 2 assists and 2 steals in the 1st half. Blake Griffin made a few highlight plays, including a self Alley-oop off the glass that had the crowd buzzing.
Noris Cole showcased his range, leading all scores off the bench, finishing with 18 points and four 3 pointers.
It ended up being too much Team Chuck, led by Kyrie Irving who connected on all 8 of his 3 pointers and had a game high 34 points.
Team Chuck Top Performers
- Kyrie Irving- 34 points, 9 assists, 8-8 from downtown.
- Evan Turner- 16 points, 11 rebounds & 7 assists.
- Paul George- 23 points.
- DeMarcus Cousins- 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- John Wall- 17 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists.
Team Shaq Top Performers
- Norris Cole- 18 points and 6 assists.
- Greg Monroe- 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- Ricky Rubio- 12 points and 7 assists.
- Tristian Thompson- 20 points.
- Kemba Walker- 10 points, 5 rebounds and 10 assists.
- Every player finished in double figures except Jeremy Lin, who had 2. #Funfact
Who do you think was the MVP?
Kyrie Irving (82 votes)
Demarcus Cousins (5 votes)
Evan Turner (8 votes)
Norris Cole (39 votes)
John Wall (7 votes)
Ricky Rubio (21 votes)
162 total votes