The Miami Heat have begun to pick up some steam again, winning their last three games after briefly stumbling and dropping the previous two. The Heat have been playing great for a while now, holding a very impressive 23-5 record in their last 28 games. Orlando has also been playing well of late, winning 15 of their last 21 games after losing 6 of 8 at the end of January.
The biggest storyline surrounding this game is that it could be Dwight Howard's last home game as a member of the Orlando Magic. It's been a story all year, ever since Howard requested a trade in December, and if it's going to happen it has to be before Thursday's deadline. Howard isn't letting it affect his focus though, saying that the only thing he is focused on is the Magic's next game.
As for the Heat, several players on the team were in Orlando more recently then when Miami dropped a 102-89 contest to the Magic back on February 8th. The Big 3 along with Mario Chalmers, James Jones and Norris Cole were all in Orlando for All-Star Weekend, with each getting some time in the spotlight.
You could say that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James stole the show, with each showing dominance in their own way during the All-Star game. Wade came away with a triple double, finishing with 24 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. LeBron meanwhile finished tied with Kevin Durant for a game-high 36 points, hitting 6-of-8 from downtown.
- Miami is 13-7 on the road. The Magic are 14-7 at home.
- This is the third of four meetings between the two teams this year. Each has won a game at home.
- Miami is just 2-9 at games in Orlando over the last six seasons.
- The Heat and Magic have split their last six meetings, and that comes after Orlando won 14 of the previous 17.
- Orlando has won four of their last five games overall.
- Mike Miller (ankle) will be out for the Heat, as well as assistant coach Bob McAdoo who will miss his second straight game because of a blood clot in his leg.
- For the Magic, guard Jason Richardson (ankle) is questionable.
Tipoff from the Amway Center is set for 7pm. The game will be broadcast locally on Sun Sports and nationally on NBA TV.