March 10, 2012; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Heat small forward LeBron James (6) reacts after making a three-point basket next to Indiana Pacers small forward Danny Granger (33) during the second half at American Airlines Arena. Heat won 93-91 in overtime. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
It was a tightly contested game to start, with both teams aggressive on the defensive end. Lebron James carried the Heat early with 16 first half points but the Pacers would go into the break with a 49-46 first half lead.
The Heat struggled in the 3rd quarter, failing to score for the first 3 minutes and were down by as many as 10. The Heat would cut the deficit to 1 off a Dwyane Wade 3-pointer but that was as close as they would get.
The Pacers held Miami to 6-19 shooting in the 3rd quarter and went into the 4th up 13. Miami continued to struggle in the final period and just couldn't close the gap.
Lebron James finished with 24 points, 9 rebounds, but shot just 9-21 and committed 6 tunorves.
Dwyane Wade also posted 24 points with 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 blocks.
Chris Bosh played another mediocre game with 14 points on just 4-11 shooting and a dismal 6-11 from the free throw line.
- Miami lost back to back games in double digits for the first time this season
- Dwyane Wade got his 600th career block
- Indiana outscored Miami in bench points 23-13
- Indiana out-rebounded Miami 49-33
- The Heat shot just 42% for the game
- Dwyane Wade attempted 8 3-pointers, the most this season
- Dahntay Jones flagrant fouled Lebron James after hitting him in the head