Fresh off of their convincing victory over the New Jersey Nets last night, the Miami Heat get right back at it tonight when they host the Atlanta Hawks. The Heat had lost two straight games before trouncing the Nets on Tuesday, putting up 108 points on 58.4% shooting. It wasn't all smiles for the Heat though, as Dwyane Wade rolled his right ankle late in the first half and did not return to the game.
The Heat did say that Wade could have returned if the team needed him in the game, but there is some cause for concern when one of your star players injures an ankle that he had previously hurt and missed games because of. Wade sprained the same ankle in January while playing a road game in Denver and then missed his next six games while recovering. When asked about the injury following Tuesday's game, Wade said that he was "Not worried at all", so hopefully that's the case moving forward.
The Hawks come into this game sitting in 3rd place in the Southeast Division and 6th in the Eastern Conference. They trail Miami by six games in the division, though they sit just one game behind 2nd place Orlando. Atlanta will be without leading scorer Joe Johnson tonight, though that didn't stop the Hawks from getting a big road win over the Pacers on Tuesday night.
- Miami is 16-2 at home. Atlanta is 11-9 on the road.
- The Heat will be wearing their ‘Miami Floridians' throwback jerseys.
- LeBron James has averaged 32.4 points on 53.5% shooting and 9.0 rebounds in his last eight games against the Hawks.
- With Joe Johnson struggling to get back on the court, Josh Smith has picked up the slack, averaging 23.4 points and 12.4 rebounds in his last five games.
- This is the 4th and final meeting of the season between the Heat and Hawks. So far Miami has won two of the three contests.
- The Heat come into this game with a 5-5 record on the second night of back-to-back sets.
- Miami once again has a clean injury list.
- As for the Hawks, centers Al Horford (pectoral) and Jason Collins (elbow) as well as guard Joe Johnson (knee) are all out.
Tipoff from the AAA is set for 7:30. The game will be broadcast locally on Sun Sports.