MIAMI, FL - APRIL 19: LeBron James #6 of the Miami Heat shoots over Joakim Noah #13 of the Chicago Bulls during a game at American Airlines Arena on April 19, 2012 in Miami, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Miami cranked up the defense in the 2nd, holding the Bulls to just 5-18 shooting and went into the half with a 42-40 lead.
The physical play continued in the 3rd quarter, when Dwyane Wade was assessed a flagrant foul 1 for a hard shove on Richard Hamilton. The two would exchange words and continued to play each other tight throughout.
Minutes later LeBron James would set a hard pick on John Lucas, resulting in a brief altercation and whistle of double technicals.
LeBron James and Dwyane Wade scored 16 of Miami's 24 points in the 3rd and the Heat would close out the quarter with a 66-61 lead.
The Bulls struggled early in the 4th quarter and Miami went on a 7-0 run to take a 10 point lead off a 3-point basket from Shane Battier with 7 minutes remaining.
- Miami showcased their 15th starting lineup of the season
- LeBron James left the game briefly in the 4th quarter with leg cramps but would return
- Bulls were held to a season low 72 points
- Heat are now a NBA's best 27-4 at home
- Bulls shot just 36%
- Miami out-rebounded Chicago 45-40 and held Bulls to just 5 second chance points
- Bulls held to 20 points in the paint