The Washington Wizards outlasted the short handed Miami Heat on Saturday led by 13 points, 6 rebounds and 13 assists from John Wall.
Nene Hilario hit the go ahead basket off a John Wall pass with .4 seconds remaining. Nene finished would 11 points and Cartier Martin had a game high 22 points for the Wizards.
Udonis Haslem came up big for the Heat and had the game tying tip-dunk with 4 seconds remaining but it wasn't enough. Haslem finished with 6 points and a game high 15 rebounds.
Dexter Pittman played well early and scored 6 of his 12 points in the 1st but the Wizards would start the 2nd with a 23-15 lead.
Jordan Crawford finished with 7 points on just 2-14 shooting but nailed a half court shot at the buzzer that gave the Wizards a 45-38 lead.
Once down by as many as 14, the Heat rallied in the 2nd half and but couldn't get over the hump. With the number 1 seed now possibly out of reach, Erik Spoelstra may elect to rest the Big 3 for the remainder of the regular season.
- There's no timetable on Wade's return and could sit out the rest of regular season
- Wizards dominated in fast break points 22-3
- With a win tonight the Chicago Bulls can clinch the number 1 seed
- Udonis Haslem had a season high 15 rebounds
- Heat outrebounded Wizards 46-38
- Mike Miller appeared to tweak is knee in the 4th quarter