The Miami Heat rallied in the 4th quarter and eliminated the Houston Rockets from the western conference playoffs on Sunday.
With Dwyane Wade and Chis Bosh out, LeBron James carried the Heat, scoring 11 of his game high 32 points in the 4th quarter and also added 8 rebounds and 5 assists in the victory.
The Heat were down by as many as 14 in the first half but fought back in the 2nd and went into the break with a 45-44 lead.
The Rockets sported a 69-66 lead after the 3rd but the Heat went on a 18-4 run in the 4th quarter captivated by a couple of 3-pointers from Lebron James and Mike Miller.
Miami went up 8 with 1:30 remaining and never looked back. LeBron James exited the game shortly in what might have been his last game of the regular season .
The Houston Rockets have now missed the playoffs for the 3rd straight year and will likely look to improve their roster this summer.
- LeBron James scored 30 or more points for the 24th time this season
- Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade did not play
- The Heat finished this season with the 2nd highest home winning percentage in team history (28-5)
- Heat shot just 42%
- Miami outrebounded the Rockets 48-37
- The 8th seed in the west is now between the Phoenix Suns and Utah Jazz