It's only July and the 2013-14 season may seem far away, but it seems all that much closer when you imagine Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls coming into the AmericanAirlines Arena on Oct. 29 as the Heat receive jewelry for their 2013 title.
According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Miami will not only open against Chicago, but will also travel west to play the Los Angeles Lakers on Christmas, which has been very common since last decade. Miami will be playing in it's fifth consecutive Christmas day game overall.
Last season, the Heat opened the year by dropping the Boston Celtics at home, 120-107.
The complete schedule for next season is expected to be released next week.
More from Hot Hot Hoops:
- Shane Battier buys new house in Coral Gables
- Mike Miller will play for the Memphis Grizzlies next season
- Heat, Spoelstra meet with Oden, observe workout along with Kings, Pelicans
- Gallery: LeBron puts on a clinic at "Witness History" Nike event in Manila
- Dwyane Wade reaches new $5 million divorce settlement with ex-wife