For years, basketball fans have been clamoring for LeBron James to enter the NBA Slam Dunk contest and with each year that becomes less and less a possibility.
We can only imagine what kind of dunks LeBron could have come up in the contest but with the MVP showing up in the latest and greatest Nike commercial, we get a glimpse of what might have been.
While comedian Dane Cook narrates the commercial, LeBron suddenly shows up out of nowhere to challenge a street baller to the fictional contest. Cook pauses his narrative after saying "Hold on, we've been waiting for this," in a nod to LeBron's annual absence in the contest. It's worth the wait with LeBron's huge two-handed dunk off the backboard after throwing the ball up between his legs.
More from Hot Hot Hoops:
- LeBron interviewed by Fox Sports: "I love the organization in Miami"
- What if Anthony Carter had remembered to exercise his Heat player option 10 years ago?
- Miami Heat Player Countdown: #76-73
- Miami Heat Player Countdown: #80-77
- Investigation launched after LeBron James gets police escort to Jay Z, Justin Timberlake concert