Not a ton to write about this one, as the Heat looked exactly like they are...a hobbled team at the end of a 3-game in 4 night road trip. Michael Beasley missed his 2nd straight game and his main replacement Udonis Haslem had a very poor outing. Haslem was held to just 2 points on 1-of-8 shooting and a mere 5 boards in 31 minutes. To be fair, the other replacement at the 4 was Joel Anthony and he didn't do much either. Anthony had zero points and took just one shot, but did grab 5 rebounds and block 3 shots in just 14 minutes.
D-Wade was also off, as he and the rest of his team just looked tired. Bright spots? Dorell Wright continues to provide solid minutes, shooting the ball well and playing great D. He shot 4-of-8 including a pair of treys with 2 boards, an assist, 2 steals and a block. Also raising some eyebrows is Daequan Cook, who for the 2nd straight game since returning from an ankle injury, didn't look bad at all. Cook played 22 minutes, scoring 7 points on 3-of-8 shooting. He also grabbed 6 rebounds...not too bad. Definitely better then what we saw from Dae Dae for a while.
- Miami fell to 2-7 on the 2nd night of back-to-backs.
- In 17 games in the month of January, Dwyane Wade got to the foul line 8.6 times/game. He shot 74% from the foul line. ....not so great.
- Jermaine O'Neal notched his 2nd straight double double, finishing with 15 and 10. Anybody complaining about J-O's production this year obviously doesn't remember how he played last season. If you are comparing him to when he was an all-star in Indiana, that's just silly.
- Before last night, the Heat had been scoring like crazy in the 1st quarter in each of the last 5 games. 30+ in 4 of those 5 games is pretty damn good. But in Milwaukee the Heat couldn't crack 30 until exactly half-way through the 2nd quarter.
- Carlos Arroyo played only 13 minute but did well. He hit 2 of his 4 shots, had 2 assists and did a decent job guarding either Jennings or Ridnour.
These two teams will be right back at it tomorrow night at the AAA. Tipoff from the Heat's house will be at 730.