- The Atlanta Haws (1-4) will be looking for redemption from their 29 point loss on Monday to pre-season powerhouse the Orlando Magic (5-0). Heat will then be taking their turn on the colossal Magic tomorrow, a result of an unprecedented 3rd set of back-to-back games.
- The Atlanta Hawks had a quiet offseason. Fresh faces to look for this year: Jordan Crawford (27th pick in draft), Pape Sy (53rd pick in draft), Josh Powell (FA signing), and Etan Thomas (FA signing).
- Barring any setbacks at practice on Wednesday, Eddie House is likely to make his debut tonight. Hopeful weather forecast in Atlanta: Expect rain. Of 3s.
- The Max Contract Formerly Known as Joe Johnson is leading the Hawks with 15.2 PPG (.500%) in a limited 27.2 MPG. The nickname is not meant as a dig on Johnson or his agent. (He gets a bigger paycheck than any of the Heat's big three). The Heat will have their hands full covering the versatile guard and his arsenal of scoring methods.
- Fun fact: Rookie Jordan Crawford (to be endlessly confused with Jamal Crawford when viewed from behind) has taken a team high 67 shots and played a team high 161 minutes. Seems the Hawks have no problem letting the young ones roam free.
- With Jeff Teague day-to-day with an ankle sprain, the Heat point guards might all finally be able to stay in front of their opposing PG: Mike Bibby.
- New Hawks coach Larry Drew (Hawks' assistant coach last year) is attempting to implement a more efficient offensive flow, with increased movement off-the-ball and extensive use of pick-and-rolls. Signature isolation plays are still present but to a lesser extent. Obviously a work in progress, not much different from where the Heat currently stands.
- Heat's offensive gameplan would benefit from extensive ball movement, making sure the extra pass that leads to the easier basket is being made. Hawks have had trouble this pre-season rotating efficiently and covering multiple areas of the floor.
- Defensively, the Heat must guard the paint and close out on the Hawks' shooters. Long 2-pointers are their Achilles' heel, specially if they can coax Josh Smith into taking most of them.
- Two games left to scout Beverley and await the decision from Heat regarding the 15th roster spot. Beverley vs Big Cat vs Butler's Unknown Potential. War is never pretty.
- Game will be broacast on TNT at 8 pm EST. Don't miss it.
Heat: Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony
Hawks: Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Al Horford