After months of waiting, Heat fans will finally get to see all their new players on the AAA floor. Granted, its just a pre-season game...but it's a nice way to get ready for the first season of what we hope will be the next great dynasty in the NBA. There are still a handful of tickets left for what is expected to be the biggest preseason crowd the Heat have hosted. I'm pretty excited to see what its like.
Unlike the Heat, Detroit didn't do a whole heck of a lot over the summer to improve their team. They signed veteran swingman Tracy McGrady and drafted Georgetown big man Greg Monroe with the 7th pick in the draft. After a very disappointing season last year, there is nowhere to go but up for the once dominant franchise just a few years ago.
Detroit is looking to bounce back from their worst season of the decade. They missed the playoffs for the first time since 2000-01.
Carlos Arroyo and Joel Anthony will start as the bookends for the Big 3. Mario Chalmers is expected to dress and play in a limited role. Expect the starters to play in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Said Spo earlier today:
"I'm probably going to try 13-15 guys, maybe 15. The minutes will be dispersed. The first unit, we'll play them a significant amount of time in the first and third quarters."
- This is the first of 8 preseason games for the Heat, and the first of three at the AAA.
- This is also the first preseason game for the Pistons.
- Mario Chalmers is listed as doubtful but expected to play, but Da'Sean Butler is out.
- Joel Anthony is expected to start at center for the Heat. If Chalmers cant go, then Carlos Arroyo will likely start in his place.
- For the Pistons, forward Chris Wilcox is questionable.
Tipoff from the AAA is set for 7:30 and the game will be broadcast locally on Sun Sports and nationally on NBA TV.