The Heat hit the road tonight for their first away game of the preseason. Even though Miami is technically the home team, the game will be played in the neutral location of Kansas City, Missouri. This will be another opportunity for the new look Heat to play together against someone other then themselves, and the Thunder should provide a nice challenge.
The guy in Oklahoma City who has been getting a ton of attention is Kevin Durant, the next best thing in the NBA (outside of Miami perhaps). I feel like this guy has become the leagues darling baby since signing a 5-year $85 million extension, looking like the nice guy everyone wishes LeBron had been.
The Heat will miss out on facing former draft pick Daequan Cook who is out dealing with a concussion. I hope he does well out there; maybe the change of scenery will do him some good.
- Dwyane Wade and Da'Sean Butler are out for the Heat.
- As for Oklahoma City, Thabo Sefolosha is questionable while Nick Collison, Nenad Kristic and Daequan Cook are all out.
- Both teams are 1-0 in the preseason.
- The Heat isn't ‘just' the Home team...since they get the honors the team is in charge of game operations. I wonder if that's a pain in the butt when on the road.
- Miami dropped both games against the Thunder last season.
Another preseason game, another Sun Sports broadcast. The first game was watched by a ridiculous amount of people on Sun Sports, coming in at the highest rated preseason game ever, and the most watched Heat game since the 1998 Playoffs (Heat-Knicks 4/24/98). Can you imagine what the numbers are going to look like when the games actually count?
Tipoff from the Sprint Center is set for 8:30. Other then the local broadcast, the game will also be on NBA TV.