- Larry Brown’s Bobcats are struggling to maintain the level of superb defense that earned them the 7th seed in last year’s playoffs. Charlotte led the league in Defensive Rating and Opponents’ Points Per Game last year with their excruciatingly disciplined defensive system and the patience of saints. It’s only an 11 game snapshot at this point, but the fall to 15th in Defensive Rating and being one of the lowest scoring teams in the league might not suffice this year.
- The losses of solid defenders Tyson Chandler, Larry Hughes and Raymond Felton are obviously kinking their armor. Additions Tyrus Thomas, Kwame Brown, DeSagana Diop and Matt Carroll don’t collectively scream defense. Maybe even whisper.
- The stars versus the Bobcats last year:
- Watching Gerald Wallace guard Wade has always been a spectacular show. Same with Wallace on Lebron. Unfortunately for Charlotte, the United Nations are against the cloning of Gerald and other human beings so he’ll have his hands full focusing on one and minding the other. The luxury of putting the opponent under those circumstances will never get old.
- Tonight’s game marks the end of the Heat’s six game home stand. Back to back game tomorrow against the Memphis Grizzlies. Minutes to be used with caution. *wink*
|(2nd of 30) 112.7||Off Rtg||104.7 (20th of 30)|
|(4th of 30) 100.8||Def Rtg||107.3 (15th of 30)|
|(5th of 30) 91.9||Pace||91.9 (20th of 30)|
|Carlos Arroyo||PG||DJ Augustin|
|Dwyane Wade||SG||Stephen Jackson|
|Lebron James||SF||Gerald Wallace|
|Chris Bosh||PF||Boris Diaw|
|Zydrunas Ilgauskas||C||Nazr Mohammed|
|Udonis Haslem||6th||Tyrus Thomas|
|American Airlines Arena|
|7:30 PM EST|
|Sun Sports / 790 AM|