[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="397" caption="Riddle me this: Which one is 7' and which is 7'1"?"][/caption] Quick Saturday game notes:
- Tonight’s game starts a 6 game home stand. After hosting the Nets, the Heat will welcome the Jazz, Celtics, Raptors, Suns and Bobcats to South Beach.
- The last meeting on Halloween night resulted in a comfortable cruise to victory for the Heat, 101-78 in arguably the most balanced attack of the season. Lebron scored 20, Dwyane 17 and Bosh 20. It took 31 field goals to score 55 of the Heat’s 101 points. A coach’s dream.
- With the big three clicking, Eddie House contributed going 5-for-8 and Zydrunas Iglauskas with a 5-for-6 display of efficiency. Avery Johson, the Nets’ coach, will likely have adjustments in place for defending the Heat, maybe taking notes from the Hornets game.
- Big man Brook Lopez (7ft) is coming in averaging 20ppg. Rookie Derrick Favors is still learning the NBA ropes but providing solid outputs of 62% from the field, 8 rpg, and 9.2 ppg from the bench.
- The Heat’s defense held the Nets to a 35% shooting night in their previous match. On a back-to-back game after a battle to the last minute, will the Heat have legs to repeat their performance? This is also the Nets’ back-to-back game, just having lost to the Magic 90-105.