|(4th of 30) 110.5||Off Rtg||105.2 (23rd of 30)|
|(4th of 30) 102.3||Def Rtg||109.8 (25th of 30)|
|(20th of 30) 91.0||Pace||88.9 (29th of 30)|
|Mario Chalmers||PG||Will Bynum|
|Dwyane Wade||SG||Tracy McGrady|
|James Jones||SF||Tayshaun Prince|
|LeBron James||PF||Greg Monroe|
|Zydrunas Ilgauskas||C||Chris Wilcox|
|James Jones||6th||Ben Gordon/A. Daye|
|Matchup Series 1-0|
|American Airlines Arena|
|7:30 PM EST|
|Sun Sports / 790 AM|
|Heat: U. Haslem (out indefinitely), C. Bosh (2-3 weeks)|
|Pistons: Jerebko, White (out indef), Hamilton, Stuckey (d2d)|
- Miami routed the Detroit Pistons 97-72, a 25 point season-high differential, the last time the meats met. All one can hope for is more of Joel Anthony's graceful dunk air balls (see link).
- In a search for a description for the team's identity, folks have mustered the word "versatile" to label the Pistons' perplexing collection of talent in their roster. The versatility puzzle is yet to be fully solved or result in more wins than losses, but Detroit has shown flashes of brilliance and accord with victories over the Hawks, Hornets, Celtics, Mavericks and most recently the Magic last Monday. After tonight's game, Detroit visits Miami's most recent opponent the New York Knicks on Sunday.
- Without an elite star to handle a bigger share of the offensive duties, the Pistons host 5 players in double-digit scoring averages. Speedy guard Rodney Stuckey leads the pack with 15.3 PPG but is questionable tonight with a bruised right shoulder.
- Four players have fallen with injuries for the Pistons, yet Tracy McGrady remains standing. Never thought I would say this in 2011.
- Miami has now lost 5 of their last 6 games, allowing the Chicago Bulls to catch up and tie Miami for the 2nd spot in the Eastern Conference.
- On the other side: Piston Powered.