The same day after being named co-Players of the Month, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James put on a show for the unusually packed house in Charlotte last night. First it was Dwyane who went on a scoring spree, logging 12 straight points for Miami during a 2nd quarter that brought the Heat back from a sup-par start to the game. Then LeBron went off in the 2nd half, scoring 13 straight points during a 17-point 3rd quarter.
Both guys had their highlight moments, with their usual defense splitting layups that they make look ridiculously easy. The two combined to score 69 points; Wade had 31 and James had 38. They combined for 20 rebounds; LeBron with 9 and D-Wade with 11. They haven't even played half of a season together yet but are already drawing comparisons to Magic and Kareem, Michael and Scotty...some of the best duo's in NBA history.
Miami's dynamic duo and the rest of their superfriends are bringing their talents back home to South Beach where the Milwaukee Bucks are waiting to take them on tonight at the AAA. The last time these teams played, the Bucks were held to just 78 points. Miami held the Milwaukee starting five to just 45 points.
While the Bucks are only 5-11 away from home, they have beaten some very good teams on the road. In the last few weeks they have beaten the Mavericks and Lakers on the road, and Milwaukee's last game was on New Years Day when they beat the Mavs again, this time at home.
- Dwyane Wade had a season-high 14 rebounds in the first game between Miami and Milwaukee.
- Tonights will be the 9th time this season the Heat will play on consecutive nights. They are 6-2 so far on the 2nd game of the back-to-backs.
- While the Heat have won two straight games against Milwaukee overall, they have struggled against them at the AAA. The Bucks have won two in a row and 4 of their last 6 in the Heat's house.
- Bucks guard and former Miami Hurricane John Salmons has averaged 21.3 points in his last 3 games at the AAA.
- Playing big for the Bucks has been 5'5" Earl Boykins. He's averaged 20.0 points on 53.5% shooting over the last 4 games while filling in for the injured Brandon Jennings.
- Udonis Haslem (foot) remains out for the Heat.
- Milwaukee's injury list is a bit longer. Brandon Jennings (foot), Michael Redd (knee) and Carlos Delfino (concussion) are out. Drew Gooden (foot) and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (concussion) are questionable.
Tipoff from the AAA is set for 7:30. Miami has won 18 of their last 19 games and are working on another nice winning streak. They had won 12 in row before losing to Dallas last month and are now looking to win their 7th straight.