After what feels like an extremely long wait, the beginning of the 2011-12 NBA season is finally here! In a season that has redemption written all over it for the Heat, they will get started in the most appropriate place, Dallas. Forgetting about the lockout, its pretty cool that Miami gets to begin their season on Christmas against the Mavericks, the team that kept the Heat from winning an NBA title last summer. Hopefully the Heat come out strong and start the season 1-0, though win or lose its going to take a lot more then one victory to erase the sting of losing in the Finals last season.
- Dallas has won 14 straight regular season games against Miami, and 17 of the last 18
- The Heat will use the same starting 5 they finished last season with
- New Heat forward Shane Battier (quad) will be a game-time decision
- Mike Miller (hernia) and Eddy Curry (hip) traveled with the team to Dallas but are not expected to dress
- Before tipoff, the Mavericks will raise their 2011 NBA Champions banner to the American Airlines Center rafters
- Since last season, the Mavericks have added Lamar Odom and Vince Carter but lost key players Tyson Chandler and J.J. Barea.
Tipoff from Dallas is set for 2:30 and the game will be nationally broadcast on ABC. Everybody have a Merry Christmas and Lets Go Heat!