- The Heat embark on a four game road trip and will try for their third win against the Pistons this season. The first game ended predictably enough with a 97-72 victory on December 1st. But the Heat needed some timely Eddie House free throws and an even more timely block by James Jones on Austin Daye to preserve the 88-87 victory on January 28th, the first game in a current 7-game winning streak. Yes they were missing Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in that second game of the series but it still serves as a reminder that the Heat always seem to bring the best out of their opponents, especially on the road.
- Tracy McGrady had a nice game in the second game of the series with 14 points, 10 assists and 8 rebounds and Ben Gordon, who seems to be incapable of playing poorly against the Heat no matter what jersey he's wearing, also played well with 21 points. Expect James and/or Mike Miller to cover McGrady during crunch time and Wade to stick to Gordon.
- The Pistons have announced they plan on retiring Dennis Rodman's number on April 1 (April Fool's Day). Pistons rookie Greg Monroe apparently will continue to play using that number but likely might have to switch it next season.
- The Pistons franchise will reportedly be sold to Tom Gores, who is a native of Michigan. As soon as the organization can settle down and begin to look forward, there will be plenty of decisions to be made about this roster and the fate of Joe Dumars, once regarded as the league's most savvy general manager up until a few years ago.
- Detroit is #1 in the league with the fewest turnovers. Charlie Villanueva ranks second among players 6-11 or taller in most 3-point field goals made while Daye ranks fifth. The Pistons bench ranks second in the league in bench scoring. Last year they ranked dead last in three-point field goal percentage but this season they're up to eighth place.
- Ben Wallace became the second undrafted player to play more than 1000 games in the NBA. Avery Johnson was the first. Udonis Haslem is currently 6th in games among active undrafted players with 530.
|(10th of 30) 102||Pts per game||94.7 (26th of 30)|
|(7th of 30) 42.8||Rebounds||38.4 (30th of 30)|
|(28th of 30) 19.7||Assists||19.9 (26th of 30)|
|Mario Chalmers||PG||Tracy McGrady|
|Dwyane Wade||SG||Ben Gordon|
|LeBron James||SF||Tayshaun Prince|
|Chris Bosh||PF||Greg Monroe|
|Zydrunas Ilgauskas||C||Ben Wallace|
|Mike Miller||6th||Rodney Stuckey|
|Matchup Series 2-0|
|The Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit MI|
|7:30 PM EST|
|Sun Sports / NBA TV / 790 AM|
|Heat: U. Haslem (out indefinitely)|
|Pistons: Jerebko, White (both out indef), Hamilton (inactive)|