|(4th of 30) 111.0||Off Rtg||102.9 (26th of 30)|
|(4th of 30) 102.5||Def Rtg||108.4 (17th of 30)|
|(20th of 30) 91.1||Pace||94.2 (8th of 30)|
|(10th of 30) 101.9||Pts/G||97.6 (21st of 30)|
|(6th of 30) 94.1||Opp Pts/G||102.9 (21stof 30)|
|Mario Chalmers||PG||Beno Udrih|
|Dwyane Wade||SG||Jermaine Taylor|
|LeBron James||SF||Omri Casspi|
|Chris Bosh||PF||DeMarcus Cousins|
|Zydrunas Ilgauskas||C||Samuel Dalembert|
|Mike Miller||6th||Carl Landry|
|Matchup Series 1-0|
|American Airlines Arena|
|7:30 PM EST|
|Sun Sports / 790 AM|
|Heat: U. Haslem (out indefinitely), M. Miller (questionable)|
|Kings: F. Garcia, H. Whiteside (out indef), T. Evans (questionable)|
- Tonight's match is the second and final game against the Sacramento Kings this season. A swell matchup after the break. Last time the teams met the Heat was amidst a 12-game winning streak and handedly beat the Kings 104-83 to sweep a 4-game road trip. Omri Casspi went target practicing, shooting 5-7 from beyond the arc, but found himself alone with Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins held to a combined 11 points on 4-of-22 shooting.
- On that note and on tangent with the recent All-Star Weekend: DeMarcus Cousins was impressive in the Rookie Challenge scoring 33 points and grabbing 14 boards to help the Rookies overcome the Sophomores. Tyreke Evans on the other hand missed the event as a member of the Sophomore team due to a recurring bout with Plantar Fasciitis. He is questionable for tonight's game. DMC's composure is questionable every night.
- If you missed it, the Kings may file a relocation to Anaheim, CA. Anaheim Kings?
- Player to Watch: DeMarcus Cousins aka DMC. Cousins has to be pumped from his domination of the All-Star Rookie Challenge this past weekend. Folks outside of Sacramento got to see the young fella's brute skill and casual fans now know what he's capable of. Although doubts of his maturity level continuously run rampant for the 20 year old "kid" who recently got fined for fighting a teammate, the hope is this same energy can be funneled onto the court. Tonight he either unleashes the frenzy on Bosh and Co or he picks up more fouls than field goals made. It's a win-win situation for everyone watching.
- Miller is questionable for tonight's game with a bruise over his right eye, giving room for newly crowned 3-Point Champion James Jones. If they didn't before, the world now knows Miami has the King, and the 3-Point King. Will the new trophy translate to a confident shooting display or mentally affect his concentration? Jones is cool as cucumber, I say. Betting on a modest 3-for-5.
- The opposition: Cowbell Kingdom