The Rising Stars Challenge, headlined by Team Shaq and Team Chuck, lived up to the hype. It was a non stop barrage of showtime passes, and high flying dunks, tallying 98 total fast break points; the 3rd most in Rookie/Sophmore game history.
Miami's rookie stud Norris Cole got off to a fast start for Team Shaq, racking up 9 points, 2 assists and 2 steals in the 1st half. Blake Griffin made a few highlight plays, including a self Alley-oop off the glass that had the crowd buzzing.
Ricky Rubio also dazzled the crowd with his play making skills, dribbling between DeMarcus Cousins's legs and tossing a lob up high to Blake Griffin.
Noris Cole showcased his range, leading all scores off the bench, finishing with 18 points and four 3 pointers.
It ended up being too much Team Chuck, led by Kyrie Irving who connected on all 8 of his 3 pointers and had a game high 34 points.
Evan Turner flirted with a triple double and John Wall put on an aerial assault, including a behind the back dunk that I'm sure will be circulating the air waves soon.
Team Chuck Top Performers
- Kyrie Irving- 34 points, 9 assists, 8-8 from downtown.
- Evan Turner- 16 points, 11 rebounds & 7 assists.
- Paul George- 23 points.
- DeMarcus Cousins- 18 points and 11 rebounds.
- John Wall- 17 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists.
Team Shaq Top Performers
- Norris Cole- 18 points and 6 assists.
- Greg Monroe- 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- Ricky Rubio- 12 points and 7 assists.
- Tristian Thompson- 20 points.
- Kemba Walker- 10 points, 5 rebounds and 10 assists.
- Every player finished in double figures except Jeremy Lin, who had 2. #Funfact