In a rematch of the 2011 NBA Finals, the Dallas Mavericks visited the Miami Heat on Thursday night. Dallas started the game with a heavy dose of zone defense, allowing only 3 baskets in the paint in the 1st quarter and sported a 29-24 lead early.
The Heat picked it up in the 2nd quarter, outscoring the Mavericks 36-24 and closing out the half on an 11-4 run. Miami would shoot 61% in the first half and found themselves up 7 at the break.
Both teams struggled offensively in the early moments of the 3rd quarter. The Heat and Mavericks underwent a 4 minute stretch with no field goals made.
Dirk Nowitzki was on fire throughout but Dallas as team struggled to get to the paint. The Mavericks shot no free throws in the 1st half and and finished with just 13 attempts for the game.
Ronny Turiaf made his presence felt, hussling on the defensive, crashing the boards and finishing with a season high 6 rebounds. After a Turiaf block on Lamar Odom, Shane Battier would hit a 3-pointer from the wing that give the Heat a 78-65 lead.
Udonis Haslem played terrific off the bench tonight and had a big one hand slam midway through the 4th off a Dwyane Wade pass. He finished with a season high 16 points in 29 minutes.
The Heat would close the door on the Mavericks and go up 16 off a Dwyane Wade to Lebron James alley-op late in the 4th.
Lebron James would finish with 19 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists. Dwyane Wade had 16 points and 5 assists in the victory.
Chris Bosh struggled with his shot early but picked it up in the 2nd half and finished with a team high 19 points, 9 rebounds on 8-17 shooting.
- The Heat have swept the Mavericks this year winning both games
- Dwyane Wade left the game because his jersey was too long in the 1st quarter but briefly returned
- The Heat had 5 players in double digit scoring
- The Heat out-rebounded the Mavericks 44-29
- Mario Chalmers since the All Star Break is shooting 31%
- Miami was +22 in points in the paint
- The Heat shot 27 free throw attempts to the Mavericks 13
- Heat have won 15th game in a row at home
- Heat held the Mavericks to just 13 4th quarter points