LeBron James single handily carried the Heat down the stretch, scoring Miami's final 17 points, finishing with a game high 37 points while garnering MVP chants from fans in the Prudential Center.
For the second game in a row Chris Bosh started at center and stepped up in Wade's absence, finishing with 22 points and a game high 15 rebounds.
It was the second time this month LeBron James led a scoring run in the 4th quarter, helping Miami overcome a 7 point deficit late.
With Shane Battier also out for rest, Erik Spoelstra started Terrel Harris at shooting guard but he was relatively quite in the victory.
Rookie Marshon Brooks played well for the Nets, tallying 24 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists but it wasn't enough down the stretch.
Miami got ample production from their bench tonight, with Mike Miller, Norris Cole, Joel Anthony and James Jones playing over 20 minutes. Miami outscored the Nets in bench points 28-17.
- Heat outscored Nets in points in the paint 44-36
- 4 of New Jersey's starters scored in double digits
- Heat have now on 10 straight against the Nets
- Miami is now 12-1 this season without Dwyane Wade
- Heat outscored the Nets 31-19 in the 4th quarter
- Both teams shot 50%