Sasha Pavlovic had a game high 16 points, Marquis Daniels finished with 13 points and 5 rebounds and Paul Pierce had 8 points in a limited 18 minutes.
Dexter Pittman was the high man for the Heat with 12, James Jones scored 11 off the bench and Udonis Haslem finished with 6 points and 13 rebounds.
With the Heat losing, the Chicago Bulls have clinched the number 1 seed in the east and will likely rest players for their remaining 2 games.
The Celtics can still get home court advantage in the 1st round but would need to win their next game and have the Atlanta Hawks lose.
Coach Doc Rivers expressed a priority of health over possible home court advantage in the 1st round against the Atlanta Hawks, and as a result rested Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo. Ray Allen is still sidelined (ankle).
Erik Spoelstra and the Heat expressed similar regard for the number 1 seed. Miami's big 3 of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh also did not suit up and will likely sit their final game as well.
Boston struggled early and shot just 11-35 in the first 2 quarters. The Heat would score the games first 11 points and went into the half with a 34-28 lead.
The Celtics would crank it up, outscoring the Heat 50-32 in the second half and were up by as many as 14 in the 4th quarter.
- Miami's big 3 did not play for the first time this season
- It took 35 minutes for a player on either team to reach double digit scoring
- Bulls clinched the number 1 seed in the east
- There is still no timetable for Ray Allen's injury
- Miami didn't take their first shooting foul until 6:15 to play in the 4th quarter
- Udonis Haslem has racked up 49 rebounds in his last 4 games