The Miami Heat seized full control of their 1st round series match up on Thursday, winning game 3 over the short handed New York Knicks, who played without Amare Stoudemire.
LeBron James led the way for Miami scoring 17 of his game high 32 points in the 4th quarter. Dwyane Wade had 20 points and 5 steals and Mario Chalmers chipped in with 19 points and 7 rebounds.
Carmelo Anthony had a team high 22 points but shot a dismal 7-23. The Knicks as a team shot just 32% for the game.
Tyson Chandler doubled doubled with 10 points and grabbed a game high 15 rebounds in the loss. J.R. Smith finished with 12 points off the bench but struggled from the field, shooting just 5-18.
Fresh from the birth of his new child, Chris Bosh was relatively quite but contributed on the glass finishing with 9 points and a team high 10 rebounds.
It was a game of runs early, with the Knicks starting the game on a 19-10 run early but found themselves up just 4 at halftime.
LeBron would get into foul trouble in the 3rd quarter but Dwyane Wade sparked a run, hitting 3 straight shots and giving Miami a 5 point lead.
The Heat would never look back and expanded on the lead to start the 4th quarter off a pair of back to back 3-pointers from LeBron James.
- The Knicks have now lost 13 straight playoff games
- Miami is 1 game away from the Eastern Semi-Conference Finals
- Both the Heat and Knicks have 38 straight playoff games without reaching 100 points
- Carmelo Anthony is now 21-62 in the series (34%) shooting
- Lebron had 5 fouls in a game for the first time since the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals