LeBron James has been everywhere around the world, from the Philippines to his hometown of Akron, Ohio but now he's back home and getting work done. No, not with the Miami Heat just yet but shooting a series of scenes in the heart of South Beach for his upcoming Nike basketball shoe commercial.
Here's Local 10 with the info on the shoot:....
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - Miami Heat star LeBron James hit South Beach on Friday to shoot a commercial for Nike.
Local 10 spotted LeBron running shirtless toward the ocean near 13th Street. A large number of people riding bikes and skateboards were also involved in the shoot.
As production crews called out commands, excited tourists and residents snapped video and photos.
An actress named Pebbles said the commercial is for his upcoming shoe release.
"I've had a lot of fun, so we're all just taking it in and enjoying it and it's really good," she said. "The only thing that's killing us right now is the heat."
Nike's LeBron X Low "Watermelon" will be released Saturday.
More from Hot Hot Hoops:
- LeBron James travels to Jay-Z / Justin Timberlake concert with police escort
- Dwyane Wade: "I want to be in Miami"
- Heat 2013 Championship DVD Available
- Miami Heat Player Countdown: #88-85
- Miami Heat name new Sioux Falls Skyforce head coach, general manager
- Dwyane Wade A Career Retrospective Chapter 6: The Last Chance (2009-2010)
- Is Udonis Haslem expendable?