From the official Miami Heat press release:
The Miami HEAT announced today that they have signed forward Eric Griffin and center Justin Hamilton. Per club policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Griffin appeared in 10 games (seven starts) for the HEAT's 2013 Summer League team and averaged 6.8 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.25 steals and 19.0 minutes while shooting 57.4 percent from the field. He appeared in 28 games with Fileni BPA Jesi of the Italian Lega2 last season and averaged 17.5 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.82 steals, 1.29 blocks, 1.2 assists and 32.0 minutes while shooting 55.6 percent from the field. The Campbell University product finished with the school's highest career field goal percentage (.559) and ranks third on the school's all-time blocks list with 134 rejections.
Hamilton, who was drafted in the second round (45th overall) by Philadelphia in the 2012 NBA Draft, was acquired by the HEAT on draft night, along with a future first round draft pick, in exchange for Arnett Moultrie (27th overall). He split last season with VEF Riga (Latvia) of the VTB United League and Cibona (Croatia) of the Adriatic League appearing in 30 total games and averaging 10.5 points and 5.9 rebounds while shooting 60.2 percent from the field. Additionally, Hamilton appeared in three 2012 Summer League games with the HEAT totaling 27 points and 12 rebounds in 56:43 minutes of action while shooting 8-of-17 from the field and a perfect 11-of-11 from the foul line.
More from Hot Hot Hoops:
- LeBron James uncertain on 2014 Free Agency
- Miami Heat regular season tickets to go on sale this week
- HHH Debate: Heat have nothing to lose if they take a chance on Michael Beasley
- HHH Debate: Why the Miami Heat should pass on signing Michael Beasley
- Miami Heat Player Countdown: #42-41
- Justin Hamilton medically cleared to play, to sign with the Heat "in the coming days"