Chris Bosh opened up by making the first shot of the game, but badly missed a three from the right corner on his next shot. He made a three a moment later. Mario Chalmers made a layup, then LBJ took a shot to the dome. He stood in the Lakers end on the next possession, shaking it off. Once he found the ball in his hands, he held it for a second with his head down, then hit a wide open Ray Allen standing under the rim for an easy two. At the first commercial break, the Heat were leading by six, 13-7.
Bosh stayed hot after the break, nailing a 20-footer from the top of the key. After missing a corner three, Allen sunk one from the same spot a moment later to make it 18-11. Chalmers went one-on-two for a difficult layup and we had our first Birdman sighting of the night. LBJ threw a perfect alley-oop to him to push the lead to nine before the Lakers made a three-pointer. Heat, 22-16.
Greg Oden checked in with 2:30 left in the period, and found his way to the charity stripe 14 seconds later. James made his first field goal of the night with a dipsy-do move and an underhand layup underneath two Lakers. Oden missed a dunk, Norris Cole badly missed a long one, then LBJ hit a fadeaway as the shot clock expired. The Heat led, 30-27 after one.
First Quarter Notes
- Bosh leads Miami with nine points on four-for-six shooting, along with three rebounds.
- LeBron only scored five, but also had six boards, three dimes, and a steal.
- Oden doesn't look great.
- Shane Battier has four assists!
Second Quarter Observations
- Chalmers hasn't missed a shot yet, with nine points and three rebounds.
- James has 11 points and eight boards.
- Bosh is leading the way with 13 points and three rebounds.
- Pau Gasol leads the Lakers with a dozen points on five-of-seven shooting.
- Ray Allen missed a free throw, and the Heat is just four-for-11 overall from the stripe.
Third Quarter Observations
- Oden has looked better since the first quarter.
- Bosh still leads Miami, with 21 points.
- James has 20 points with 13 boards and five assists.
- Chalmers has 11 on five-of-five shooting.
- Jodie Meeks leads the Lakers with 16.
- Miami is nine-of-19 from the line.
Fourth Quarter Observations
- A typical night for James, 27 points, 13 boards, and six assists.
- Bosh was the man, with 31 points in 33 minutes on 15-of-22 shooting, along with six rebounds.
- The point guard combo of Cole and Chalmers finished with 22 points and eight rebounds.
- Gasol and Meeks each had 22 points to lead the Lakers.