Today's the day, and notwithstanding the fact that Miami may trade their top-ten draft pick, it should be a good day for Heat faithful.
Whatever the case, I present to you some worthwhile reading to keep you occupied while you wait in anticipation for NBA commissioner Adam Silver to present the tenth pick.
- According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, it appears as if the Heat have an eye out for Kings' backup power forward Eric Moreland. [Sun Sentinel]
- Ken Berger of CBS Sports believe the Heat are open to trading their 10th pick if it means unloading salary. [CBS Sports]
But with a pick that high in a deep draft, it's a gamble that likely will give Pat Riley pause. "It's a tricky balance," one longtime talent evaluator said. "You have to be careful you don't regret it looking back." Johnson or Frank Kaminsky could be in the mix for Miami there, as well as Sam Dekker and perhaps Willie Cauley-Stein.
- Joseph Goodman of the Miami Herald believe that the Heat might be searching for Wade's replacement with the 10th pick. [Miami Herald]
- Greg Cote believes keeping Dwyane Wade should remain Miami's top priority. [Miami Herald]
What's happening around the league?
- Sacramento Kings' owner, Ranadive is frustrated with the DeMarcus Cousins trade rumours [PBT]
- Who's going to fall down the trade board tonight. [PBT]
- LaMarcus Aldridge and the Blazers are expected to split up [ESPN]
- The NBA has approved the sale of the Atlanta Hawks [ESPN]