clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Bosh reportedly being urged by Heat to sit out the rest of the season

New, comments

Bosh's season may be officially done very soon.

Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

A new report from Adrian Wojnarowski from The Vertical paints a dire picture for the chances of seeing Chris Bosh again in a Miami Heat uniform this season.

Though the blood clot scare he's facing this time around has not been as serious a medical condition because it did not travel to his lungs like it did last year, Bosh's desire to return quickly to action without the use of blood thinners is looking increasingly unlikely and is being "met with significant resistance" by the organization.

From Wojnarowski's article:

Bosh has a meeting planned with Heat officials, including team owner Mickey Arison and president Pat Riley, in the next 24 hours to move closer to a final determination on his status, league sources said.

Bosh, an 11-time All-Star, has been examined by several specialists, sources said, since pulling out of the All-Star Game in Toronto on Feb. 12 because of concerns about a potential clotting issue in his calf.

If Bosh is determined to be out for the season, his prospective return to basketball would be re-evaluated again in three to six months, sources said.

Good to see the organization thinking of his long term health first and foremost above Bosh's tremendous talents out on the court. Though it is a significant blow to the team in their push to return to the playoffs and secure an upper seed, it is ultimately for the best to get him fully healthy.

Bosh last played for the Heat on Feb. 9 against the San Antonio Spurs and was ready to participate in NBA All-Star Weekend events before he suddenly pulled out due to what was reported at the time to be a calf injury.