In the fourth and most explosive episode of his Uninterrupted video blog, Chris Bosh hit out at the Miami Heat and reiterated his desire to continue his career with one of the ‘29 other’ NBA teams.
In the latest ugly turn in the Heat’s fractured relationship with Bosh, the All-Star forward claimed to be blindsided by Pat Riley’s blunt proclamation his six-year stint with the team was over following a failed physical exam.
“I guess Pat today said my career in Miami is over,” Bosh said. “I can’t do anything about that but I didn’t see my career in Miami ending like this. I didn’t get a call or text or anything like that.
"I guess my career in Miami is done. My career is not done. But I did not expect that. At all." he said in the video.
According to a Heat spokesperson, the organization had attempted to contact the Bosh and his representatives on Friday, but was unsuccessful.
Through a team spokesman I've been told Pat Riley tried calling, texting and emailing @chrisbosh last Friday and there was no response.— Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) September 30, 2016
During the video, Bosh remained steadfast Miami’s dismissal of his bid to recover from this latest blood clot-related setback does not mean other teams will follow suit.
"That does not mean my NBA career is over. There are 29 other teams. It's a whole league. One team does not make up opinion of everything."
Elsewhere within the clip, Bosh appeared to hint at an apparent duplicity in the Heat’s oft-preached tenets of family values and brotherhood.
“If you say certain things to the person and you win championships and you have these moments, you don’t want to find things out through the media,” he said.
"We say all these things: the commitment, brotherhood and all these things. And then, for whatever reason, you find out, or I find out like this. So, it hurts.
"You think when you're done playing, this is how it's going to go: You ride off into the sunset, everything is all good, you blow kisses and maybe a couple of tears are shed and everything and the people just send you off. And that's not so much the case with me.
“I want to tell the people of Miami, this is not how I planned it to be. They don’t want to hear Dwyane is gone. They don’t want to hear Chris is never going to play for the Miami Heat again. I wanted to give them [the fans] more because they deserve better than what they’re getting right now.”
And, in an ominous indication legal action may be pending, Bosh made clear he believes there was ulterior motive being Miami’s decision to call time on his Heat career.
Earlier on Friday, Bosh had penned a heartfelt thanks to Miami Heat fans on his personal blog.
He wrote: “I remember the fans of Miami coming out to see the show every night. The love, the compassion and the energy we felt was second to none. I want to thank the city of Miami from the bottom of my heart because things may change but the good times will last forever in my memories. Thank you!
Things are different now and Miami has incredible young talent with a tremendous upside. These are not only talented ball players but great people and friends. I enjoyed playing with those guys and doing my best to mentor them by being an upstanding role model and veteran player. It’s their time to go through the ups and downs of the game with this great city.
“I want to thank not only the fans of Miami but everyone around the world who has supported our team and who has supported me through this time. I see you posting with #BoshRebuilt on social media every day and I receive the love that you give me. Thank you so much. I couldn’t make it without your support.”
Regardless of how it is spun by either party, each of the Heat’s fabled Big Three will have departed on bad terms.
Share your thoughts in the comments below.