Die-hard Miami Heat fans, such as regular readers of Hot Hot Hoops, have always stuck with the team through thick and thin. This was certainly the case during this season when the Heat played hard but went 11-30, so it’s understandable some fans couldn’t bring themselves to see their favorite team losing all those games.
Now that the Heat have won 11 in a row and doubled their win total, Heat Nation is coming back in droves to cheer them on. Fox Sports Sun has released the following television viewership notes that have occurred during this baffling yet exhilarating winning streak:
- During the HEAT's 11 game win streak, FOX Sports Sun has aired five of the top ten most watched games this season during their run.
- Viewership of HEAT games on FOX Sports Sun has increased by an average of +33% over the full season average during the streak.
- Through the first three games in February the Heat are averaging a 3.6 HH RTG, a +64% increase over January.
- Monday night's win over the T-Wolves netted a 4.1 HH RTG making it the second most watched game this season.
- It was the most watched English language program in South Florida from the start of the game through tip off, besting the Bachelor on ABC 3.7 HH, Apprentice on NBC 1.6 HH, 24: Legacy on FOX 3.4 HH, and Louisville / Virginia on ESPN 0.5 HH. It was the most live streamed game of the season on the FOX Sports GO app.
- Overall, the streak has generated the top three most live streamed games of the season (Rockets, Warriors, Timberwolves) on the FOX Sports GO app.
- Among Hispanic Households in South Florida, the streak has netted seven of the top 10 most watched games, including Monday night's win over the T-Wolves which was the most watched game of the season among Hispanics.
Can the Heat make it 12 in a row when they take on the Milwaukee Bucks on the road tonight? Pregame coverage begins at 7:30 p.m. on FOX Sports Sun and FOX Sports GO with tip-off scheduled for 8 p.m.
All information per Nielsen Media Research